And that’s why I won’t go there. In spring or in October. But I might come to Bay Area in late October.
October 25th will mark our 10th anniversary and among different ideas how to celebrate it, I am entertaining the idea of taking Missus for a mini trip around the globe. This is actually a marketing department way of saying that we would fly both to New Zealand and back home heading west. Needless to say, this all is obviously in an extremely infant planning stage, and depending on money, health, jobs, mood and random Gaussian distribution of events might not take place at all or in a very altered form. But…
I have just checked few airlines and a ticket: Stuttgart -> London -> San Francisco -> Christchurch / Auckland -> Sidney -> Tokyo -> London > Stuttgart with stopovers in every destination can be had under 2000 Eur per person. Squeezing another stopover in, like Fiji or Tahiti is an option, but complicates logistics and makes it more difficult to pull off both financially and from a time-management perspective. If this or a similar option turns out to be what we opt for…
1. Are you in for a late October / early November get together?
1a. Who can get me two tickets for the seventh game of the A’s – Nationals WS, featuring Strasburg versus ehm, Colon?
2. Tips for sightseeing and accommodation in Bay Area (probably three to four nights stopover, Missus was never there, more/less budget travelers)
3. Same as above, but for any of the other destinations or their surroundings listed. No idea how long we would be in each place, I think I would have to limit the whole thing to some five weeks max, which doesn’t leave all that much time for any single destination; let’s say for an argument’s sake that we are talking about: London – 2 nights, SF – 4, NZ – 20, Sydney – 4, Tokyo – 4
4. Is that a good deal for the plane ticket, and where would you look for an alternative if it isn’t.
5. Just float out any ideas for a similar trip, either changing parameters on this one, or throw out a completely different idea. At max I can get away for some 5-6 weeks at the time, there has to be some amazing nature in it, a city or two for the Missus is a plus, but not necessary, possibility of some hiking, kayaking, cliff diving or something should also be in, but the whole thing has to be adapted to the adventure level of my better half, which is lower than mine. Actually, just float any ideas you might have. Thanks